CFD In-House for Data Driven Design
Westfall now offers in-house Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) engineering studies, typically within 24 hours, at an affordable cost. Using our CFD program we create digital 3-D models and generate data that takes into account physical properties such as velocity, pressure, temperature, density and viscosity.
In the past, only the largest projects could justify the expense of contracting with a firm specializing in detailed CFD studies, such as Alden Research Laboratories. We don’t expect our service to replace the specialists – our goal is to provide Engineering Consulting CFD to those who otherwise wouldn’t have it.
Our Computer Capabilities
- 3 Dell Precision 7420 computers
- Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS 2020 Flow Simulation software
- Capacity to run dedicated 6-hour simulation at any given time
- Accurate performance measurement predictions and graphics
- Can demonstrate flow variations, mixing effectiveness and headloss for Westfall mixers and/or flow conditioners in your exact site configurations.